One of the annual highlights for the SACBW is the Business Women of the Year Competition, which usually takes place in October. In 2020 we celebrated our 32nd existence and although we were in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic we decided to give recognition to the TOP 10 Ambassadors of the SACBW. We also announced a Presidential Award.
This year we hope to again host our annual gala event in-person and have reserved 23 October 2021 for this event which will take place in Gauteng.
Investment in the Leadership Development of the Council, with a special focus on young women, emerging entrepreneurs, and existing female leaders has never been more important in our country. As the SACBW, we believe that the economic empowerment of females can no longer be ignored. Creating, forging, and seizing such empowerment opportunities can be successfully achieved by developing a leadership force.
Female leadership development is also a key performance area in the strive to solve the continuing pandemic of Gender-Based Violence (GBV). We want to be instrumental in developing a force of Warrior Women who will become role models, mentors, inspirers, and ultimate influencers.
Conscious leadership development activities for young leaders, both in and outside the Council, will give impetus to a legacy of impact of the Council. The SACBW’s vision for the next decade is to impact and empower its leaders, members, and communities in a more measurable way. We want to transform effectiveness into greatness and leadership into a legacy!
Category 2: SACBW Mentor/mentee of the Year NO registration fee
- The Mentor must:
- Attend the SACBW mentorship webinars 3 x 1-hr sessions to view in your own time available on SACBW website from 1 April 2021
- Complete the mentorship/mentee registration form
- If the mentee is not a SACBW member then the mentee must be registered as a “Friend of the SACBW” and the R199 p.a. must be paid before 31 July 2021.
- Submit a mentorship action plan agreed upon with mentee and submitted on or before 31 July 2021. (Template available)
- The progress will then be measured from 1 August to 30 August 2021.
- Submit a progress report and highlight achievements on or before the 31 August 2021
- Submit a 3-minute interview video with the mentee,
- The winning mentor/mentee of each Branch will be nominated to participate for the National Mentor and Mentee of the Year Award.
Mentorship Sessions 1 to 3.
Make sure to watch all three sessions